I don’t know if it’s been since Saturday or before that but a week or so ago I weighed in between 197 and 199lbs (I forget exactly where in between those numbers) and yesterday I weighed in at 192lbs. So, I’ve lost between 5-7lbs! Awesome.
Here’s my diet and health regime that I started Saturday.
- Reduce the amount of canned foods, processed foods, high salt foods, and the amount of salt/grease/fat you add to food.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat per meal (not including most veggies; carrots and corn are limited though because of sugar content)
- I eat breakfast at 6am, lunch at 12, and dinner at 6pm (or right around those times). I eat a snack between meals if I need it and I try not to eat after 7pm but if I do I eat slow light food like a little fruit and tea or slow digesting food like bread or cheese)
- I exercise everyday whether it’s a little yoga or a full on circuit.
- I try not to eat as much meat anymore (part-time vegetarian) and try to incorporate protein, starch, veggies, and fruit at every meal.
- I still allow myself honey for my tea, peanut butter, dark chocolate, cheese, and eggs. All are healthy for you in moderation. Honey is a good substitute for sugar because it digests slower and isn’t as processed. Dark chocolate is good for the heart and brain. Peanut butter has lots of protein and healthy fats. Eggs and Cheese are also sources of good fats and healthy cholesterol.
- I drink less juice (whether health juice or not) and drink just water or tea instead. I still drink milk too though not as much as I used to. (I drink Whole Milk)
- I get to bed early, between 930 and 11, if I can fall asleep by then (and usually I can).
So, it’s not highly restrictive and I get my chocolate. I love it so far and I think I’ll call it the part-time vegetarian diet.