All Things Grain and Green – Vegetarian Spaghetti
Saute some Zucchini and Onion in olive oil (Seasoned however you like though I used juwst sea salt and black pepper) in a pan until it’s the way you like your zucchini. While that’s cooking boil some Garden Delight Pasta (I used Fettucini because that’s what we got at the Food Bank). In a third pan heat up your favorite Spaghetti sauce or, like I did, season a can of plain tomato sauce. I used Italian Seasoning, Parsley, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder (since we didn’t have actual Garlic). When the pasta’s done, strain it and then throw the sauteed zucchini and Onions in the pan of pasta. Mix well and serve. Everyone can put as much tomato sauce as they like in with their bowl. You don’t need much to make it taste amazing. Zucchini and Tomato go SO well together.
So, to summarize, you’ll need these for the recipe:
- Zucchini: I used Green but any type of Zucchini/Squash will do
- Tomato Sauce: Whether your favorite Spaghetti sauce or a can of plain sauce you’ll season yourself
- Onion: Any type you like.
- Garden Delight Pasta: Any type you want
- Spices: I prefer Sea Salt and Black Pepper for general seasoning, Parsley and Italian Seasoning for the Tomato Sauce.
- Olive Oil to saute the vegetables (though a little real butter wouldn’t hurt either)
I hope you try it and like it!